OutSystems is a Great Place to Work and its business outlook outpaces almost all competitors, having grown at 50% in 2015. With a unique culture based on 7 simple principles, OutSystems is a recognized industry leader with an enviable portfolio of happy customers, a healthy business model, strong financial position, fantastic culture, and amazing team.
We have a worldwide presence, massive growth and fast paced business model package in a cool and fun workplace.
To attract the best talent, OutSystems also puts in place interesting and innovative perks that contribute to our challenging atmosphere.
Our engineers develop the core technological components of our flagship product. As a Test Engineer you will be part of a team of world-class engineers, passionate about delivering high-quality software evolving at the fast pace of modern technology.
We’re looking for engineers at all levels of experience, that are versatile, enthusiastic, great team-players with strong work ethics, eager to learn and available to teach others. We want creative individuals that cherish and will contribute to our informal, high-performance work environment.
Test Engineers at OutSystems aren't manual testers -- you will be responsible for planning, designing and writing test automation as well as designing tools, libraries and frameworks enabling the team to deliver the highest quality product. As a Test Engineer at OutSystems you will be responsible for identifying weak spots in the product and find creative ways to break our software - so that we can make it better. You will be a champion for testability, test driven development, continuous integration and proper engineering practices. You will help ensure that new and existing product features are delivered with the highest quality standards from early design and through the entire engineering lifecycle. You will be a strong advocate for our customers within the engineering team and you will be obsessed with enabling great customer experiences.
- Plan, design and implement automated functional and nonfunctional tests.
- Design and build tools and components that enable better, reliable and efficient testing.
- Be a champion for testability, TDD, mocking and engineering best practices within your team.
- Contribute to defining testing standards and best practices for our Engineering group.
- Research and promote adoption of new testing techniques among other team members.
- Become an expert in her/his tested product features/functionalities.
- Successfully convert acceptance criteria into high-coverage acceptance tests.
- Report quality issues and follow up on them until closure.
Desired Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Computer Science or similar
- Passionate about quality and obsessed with customers
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Solid knowledge of software engineering principles, algorithms, data structures and Object Oriented Design
- Excellent coding skills in Java, C# or a high level programming language
- Knowledge of automated testing techniques and continuous delivery practices
- Fast learner, willing to experiment new technologies and processes
- Challenge the status quo and propose new, disruptive approaches to existing problems
- Fluency in English and good communication skills
What We Have to Offer
- Competitive salaries and annual bonuses
- Young and talented team, and a lot of growth opportunities
- Relaxed and diverse workplace with no formal dress code
- Cool office perks such as dedicated fun areas plus free coffee and snacks
- Punching bags, pool tables, ping-pong tables and mini-golf to let off steam