Provides tactical and strategic leadership, oversight and direction to multidiscipline team members that span multiple concurrent projects. You should have a solid technical and managerial background, proven problem-solving skills, be a strong technical and organizational leader with positive results driven attitude, and be able to demonstrate your ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Own products and/or components in terms of being fully accountable for the efficient, quality, and effective implementation of the relevant roadmap;
• Work closely with the key business customers, stakeholders, external partners and all groups within the Technology
• organisation to implement, evolve, support and own the software and system components to appropriate quality
• standards, within Blip’s overall infrastructure;
• Clearly communicate and promote strategies, roadmaps, dependencies and plans for products and/or components;
• Own the product lifecycle and be responsible for managing all delivery risks;
• Manage all technical resources and capacity plans within budget and project schedule.
• Lead, inspire, motivate and line manage a multi-discipline software development team;
• Coach, hold 1 to 1s, set and review objectives, appraise performance, and assist with career development, ensuring
effective performance management;
• Help build a ‘delivery with high quality’ culture that is accountability and results orientated;
• Responsible for achieving and sustaining employee engagement;
• Meet ambitious timelines while balancing business risks and trade-offs;
• Drive the team to continuously improve processes;
• Maximize employee retention through motivation and strong management;
• Encourage a ‘right first time’ culture;
• Adopts a coaching style of leadership.
• Understand intimately the dependencies between components and how they combine to deliver service to the end
• consumer and to the business;
• Consistently apply significant knowledge of Agile/Lean within the team, namely Scrum methodology;
• Serve as liaison between delivery team and key stakeholder(s);
• Execute, plan and manage changes as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements;
• Manage the review of product requirements within the team and provide feedback to product owners and other
• change originators;
• Provide technical direction for design, development, testing and deployment from definition phase through planning, implementation and maintenance;
• Understand and balance commercial needs against technical requirements and capabilities;
• Easily recognize system deficiencies and implement effective solutions;
• Continuous improvement of processes through automation of common procedures, and implementation of standards, processes and checklists;
• Prioritize all tasks throughout all phases of the project lifecycle;
• Foster an appropriate sense of urgency to deliver results at pace;
• Manage the production of technical approach documentation and preparation of software development and QA estimates;
• Actively measure and review the Productivity, Velocity, Quality and Duration of delivery, taking prompt corrective
action where necessary.
KEY EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
• Proven track record of leading and managing teams on complex software projects;
• Using agile methods for software delivery;
• Working with distributed, redundant and transactional systems and the testing of these;
• Managing the development of a team by ensuring that project tasks are in line with each team member's career interests where possible;
• Using defect tracking systems (Rally, JIRA).
KEY SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
• Manage effectively a team consisting of multiple disciplines;
• Strong analytical and diagnostic skills, particularly with regard to technical risks, issues and constraints;
• Able to lead and motivate others;
• Work well under time and environmental pressures;
• Demonstrate senior principles, leading by example in terms of work ethic and professional attitude;
• Able to project manage work and prioritise effectively;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English and Portuguese);
• Team player, who strives to maximise team and departmental performance.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
• We believe we’re at our best when you’re at yours, that´s why we consider Blip as a Second Home!
• We are committed to your development so we enjoy sharing and learning.
• We deal with stress having fun while we work!
• Here success is contagious and we celebrate it!
• In the Porto city heart we value relationships and friendship, that´s why we have breakfast together!
• You will live and share our values: Collaboration, Relentless Will to Win, Agility, Integrity and Low Ego.